Tuesday 6 December 2011


Who is Interpreting Your Faith?
I have upgraded my computer so of course my 15 year old Bible software won’t work anymore. “No problem” I thought and went online to find some new, more versatile and comprehensive software. I was wrong.
Oh yes there were a variety of sites offering fantastic packages with literally thousands of books in them. Prices ranged from $200 to $6000! I could not actually find out what was in these packages and began to get the impression that there was not much Bible, just a big bunch of commentaries and other books that claimed to expound the Bible more clearly. 

All I really wanted was a few Bible translations, Strong’s Concordance, Vines and other useful reference volumes. I was not seeking the fount of all knowledge and every obscure nuance as explained by so many experts?
I have found the Holy Spirit is a great Bible teacher and expounder of truth.  My needs are simple and I am not really interested in displaying a vast knowledge or quoting scholars who are mostly obscure “legends in their own lunchtime.”
When you dig into the background and motivation of so many Bible interpreters you find a lot of cold logic, liberalism, traditional views and general faithlessness. You almost never find revelation from the Holy Spirit; it is despised by these experts as too subjective. It is the only thing that will change your life however...
Oh, by the way, I found some free stuff online that will work just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment